[pmwiki-users] Hiding sidebar

Hans design at softflow.co.uk
Thu Jan 19 16:31:09 CST 2006

Thursday, January 19, 2006, 10:18:22 PM, Greg wrote:
> Newbie here. I want to hide the left side bar and dim or mostly hide the edit buttons. I've
> seen this done, I just don't know where to start. I want to have the side bar while I'm
> logged in.

> Thanks for any help. Here's what I'm trying to do

> http://sbmbc.com/newsletter.php?c=200602

> I'm trying to use PmWiki to make a monthly newsletter and embed it in an
> existing site that already had a side bar. I can't redesign the whole site now using PmWiki
> (and may never as it's a fairly static site and I've got some hard to put together (for me)
> options on the site.

You can use markup (:noleft:) in a page or GroupHeader page to hide
the sidebar.
You can conditionally display it with
(:if !auth edit:)(:noleft:)(:if:)

Alternatively instead of embedding the wiki you could put all your left bar menu
links on the sidebar, and display any extra links which should only
show for editors within
(:if auth edit:)

Best,
~Hans