[pmwiki-users] 'title' attribute of an HTML link

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 12:59:26 CST 2006

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 12:38:42PM -0500, Waylan Limberg wrote:
> > On 1/11/06, Jean DEMARTINI <jean.d.demartini at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> > I concur. If only we could then use:
> >
> >        [[some page "+"]]
> >
> > to generate a 'title' which uses the page's 'title'.  Huh? ;-)

Hi, I'm probably jumping into to this thread at it's end... but the syntax
seems a bit confusing for me.

> One could do [[some page "{SomePage$Title}"]] but admittedly
> that's messy :-).  I'll see if I can get the "+" to work.
> But ultimately this would mean that
>
>     [[some page "+"|+]]
>
> creates a link to SomePage using SomePage's (:title:) as both
> the link text and the value of the title="" attribute.

Ok, now I'm lost...

Was the idea of using something like this discarded earlier:

	[[some page title="Title of the link"]]

Not sure I got the part about not allowing titles for plain links... why
couldn't
	[[SomePage title="Title of link"]]

work. For the examples above we'd get:

	[[some page title=+]]

	[[+ -> some page title=+]]

I'm still confused about the '+' though..

> It's valid HTML, I was just concerned that a browser might take this
> as intending the display of an empty tooltip.

Oh, that's a good point. Do you know of a page where we could simply go to
with our browsers and check?

/Christian