[pmwiki-users] Wikipublisher server available

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Wed Feb 22 14:46:35 CST 2006

On Wednesday, 22 February 2006 5:32 PM, Jon Haupt <jhaupt at gmail.com> wrote:

>I've been playing around with the WikiPublisher server installation a
>bit.  Rather than messing around with an installation that people are
>actually using, I'm trying to get it to work in a standalone test wiki
>first.  Everything went according to plan, except I'm having to figure
>out something with the Latex setup.  When I try to publish a page, I
>get a "previously declared" error in
>/cookbook/wikipublisher/latex/wikistyles.php.  Try the debug button,
>and you'll see for yourself:
>
>http://josquin.us/wikipublisher
>
>I'm not sure why this is happening, but I'll keep working on it.  If
>you have any idea, let me know.

It's a change Pm made in beta 26 (from his release notes):

* The scripts/stdconfig.php incorrectly used $EnableStdWikiStyles to
  load scripts/wikistyles.php, this has now been corrected to
  $EnableWikiStyles.

Here is what's happening.

Wikipublisher uses a slightly modified version of scripts/wikistyles
to insert comments that enable our style processor to parse the
HTML styles that pmwiki creates and replace them with their print
XML equivalents. This inserts some <!-- comments --> that we use to
find where wikistyles has been; it doesn't change the functionality.

Now, because we load our own wikistyles.php when we generate a pdf
(and only then), we set $EnableStdWikiStyles = 0; to prevent pmwiki
from loading its own version.

*But Pm has changed the variable name!*

To fix it, edit cookbook/wikipublisher/latex/wikistyles.php
and change $EnableStdWikiStyles to $EnableWikiStyles.

For backwards compatibility, I'll add a new declaration and
release an update.

BTW you can inspect the xml (without a full debug) from
the wikipublisher screen:
http://josquin.us/wikipublisher/Main/HomePage?action=print&ptype=print&format=makepdf
by changing the 'makepdf' at the end of the address to 'pdf'

--
John Rankin
Affinity Limited
john.rankin at affinity.co.nz