[pmwiki-users] beta25 + trailmenu issue

Christian Schlatter ch at schlatter.net
Wed Feb 15 13:07:08 CST 2006

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 12:43:16AM -0500, Christian Schlatter wrote:
>>
>>[[g2:Link1 | Link1 Desc]]
>>[[g2:Link2 | Link2 Desc]]
>
> InterMap links (and links with ':') were never intended to be
> accepted as trail entries -- only page links are supposed to be
> valid on a trail.
>
> Part of the reasoning behind this is that a link to something that
> is not a PmWiki page can't really know anything about the trail.
> (And if it is a PmWiki page, then why not just use a normal page link?)

That makes sense to me. The thing is that the trailmenu cookbook uses
trails to generate a menu list, and I think that menu list entries
should not be restricted to PmWiki page links only. I've also written a
custom pagelist FPL function to generate dropdown lists from a trail,
since there is no standard markup for dropdown lists available yet.
There I have the same issue, I'd like to include URLs and intermap links
  in the dropdown list.

> So, my initial reaction is that InterMap and url links should
> not be part of trails.  (But it's open for discussion.)

I doubt that I'll have a lot of backup on this, but I'd vote for it ;-)

ChristianS