[pmwiki-users] beta25 + trailmenu issue

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Feb 15 07:53:49 CST 2006

On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 12:43:16AM -0500, Christian Schlatter wrote:
> I recently updated pmwiki to beta25 and the trailmenu cookbook script
> does not work any more as expected. After some debugging I found out
> that somehow the ReadTrail function in scripts/trails.php must have
> changed. The problem only exists if there is an intermap link including
> a ":" in the trail, like e.g.
>
> [[g2:Link1 | Link1 Desc]]
> [[g2:Link2 | Link2 Desc]]
>
> On line 54 of scripts/trails.php in the ReadTrail function the lines of
> the trail page get parsed. And links with a ":" do not get accepted
> anymore as trail entries:

InterMap links (and links with ':') were never intended to be
accepted as trail entries -- only page links are supposed to be
valid on a trail.

Part of the reasoning behind this is that a link to something that
is not a PmWiki page can't really know anything about the trail.
(And if it is a PmWiki page, then why not just use a normal page link?)

So, my initial reaction is that InterMap and url links should
not be part of trails.  (But it's open for discussion.)