[pmwiki-users] Google Map API 2.2.0 Pre 1 Release

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 14:16:15 CST 2006

I plan on making icons the "major" feature of this release. I've been
hemming and hawing on this matter for six months, and I think the mob
is about to riot! :-) FWIW, I'd implemented it before but retracted
because it was inelegant and restricted.

I think your suggestion of a "default" set of icons is an excellent
one. I will do just that. Have you seen a set of icons (via .zip or
.tgz) that you like? I know there's the standard red with [A-Z 0-9].
While this might suffice, I would like those who need the icon feature
most to ensure I serve their needs. I know of two or three in the
Community who want this feature implemented. So, perhaps we should
agree on the "default" set of icons.

Once I get GMA-2.2. out, I would like to set up a set of example
pages. I have a couple on my own web site (I think GMA would be a bit
much to run on PmWiki.org), but I need to organize the examples better
and explain myself more clearly.

When you say "sample configuration," are you referring to a sample
icon configuration?

I'll fix multi-maps for pre3, then icons on pre4. Depending on how
much ground I cover in my planned time, I may do batch-point (by
flatfile) for pre5.

Warm regards,
Ben Wilson