[pmwiki-users] Google Analytics

Jean DEMARTINI jean.d.demartini at wanadoo.fr
Mon Aug 28 05:22:54 CDT 2006

Patrick R. Michaud a écrit :
> On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 01:13:53PM -0400, Alan Hoyle wrote:
>> OK, I'm in agreement as long as someone can point me to the "google
>> analytics recipe."  Googling for "pmwiki google analytics recipe"
>> didn't turn it up.  ;-)

The recipe causes the Google Analytics script to be included in the
header of the page as Google Analytics seems to require that this script
has to be included at the end of the content just before the </body>
ending tag.

Presently, I have just open an GA account and included the GA script in
my template. I have verified that the script is properly placed but no
counting is reported. Too early ?

To open then parametirize a GA account is much more complicated than to
include the script part in the config.php file or in the HTML template.
Then a recipe is probably (IMHO) the best solution.

JDem