[pmwiki-users] Per Group Customizations problem

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Apr 8 16:56:38 CDT 2006

On Sat, Apr 08, 2006 at 01:58:36PM -0700, Gary Spivey wrote:
>    It appears that PerGroupCustomizations do not work for searches or
>    pagelist functions.
>

>    This is a problem for me as I set some authentication type variables using
>    PerGroupCustomizations.

Authentication variables cannot be set in per-group customizations,
for precisely this reason (this is documented in the PmWiki.PasswordsAdmin
pages).  They can only be set in local/config.php (or local/farmconfig.php).

>    As far as I can tell the group config file is only included once based on
>    the top level page? It seems as though it ought to be referenced at least
>    once whenever a Handle on any page in that group is referenced.

No, we definitely don't want that.  Many sites use the
per-group customizations to set skins, special markups, etc.,
and if all of the customizations for other groups get loaded simply
by referencing a page in the group, it makes things really difficult.
(And if you're doing a (:pagelist:), it would mean that all of
the customizations for all groups would eventually get loaded.)

Thus, security is all handled from the local/config.php file,
and GroupAttributes or individual page attributes.