[pmwiki-users] Dur: How to find all the pages which link TO a page?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Sep 13 08:59:13 CDT 2005

On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 08:49:01AM -0500, Jonathan Scott Duff wrote:
> Are both "link" and "list" valid parameters to the pagelist directive?

Yes.

> Continuing with the assumption that they are, it would seem that the
> similarity between the two is enough that any mnemonic value is
> decreased significantly. Perhaps they should be "linkto" and "list"?

Possibly.  I chose "link=" because that's Google's mnemonic for
finding pages that link to another one.  And "list=" is the option
that bugs me more...

> What does the "list" parameter do exactly? Maybe it's the one that
> needs a new name. It certainly seems strange to have the repetitive
> word in something like "(:pagelist list=foo:)"

"list=" allows the resulting list of pages to be filtered based on
a set of patterns defined in configuration files by the wikiadministrator.
Examples:

   list=all            shows all pages
   list=normal         show all "normal" pages; i.e., excluding
                       *.RecentChanges, *.AllRecentChanges, Site.*,
                       *.GroupHeader, *.GroupFooter, etc.
   list=calendar       show all pages with a name in "yyyy-dd-mm" format

I'm all in favor of having another name for this parameter if we
can come up with a better one.