[pmwiki-users] line breaks bug

Hans design at softflow.co.uk
Thu Sep 1 11:17:24 CDT 2005

Thursday, September 1, 2005, 4:16:44 PM, Patrick wrote:
> I'm not even sure it's a bug.  Technically, if a site admin takes the
> position that every newline in the markup should generate a newline
> in the output, then generating the empty lines is in fact what is being
> requested and the correct response.

Any style definitions in GroupHeader will produce a new line.
Can this be avoided? Can we perhaps explicitely strip a new line
with a special markup, say (:nonewline:), which one could add to the
GroupHeader to avoid these extra new line(s)?

It may be technically correct, but it is undesirable and has an ugly
effect, and seemingly unavoidable.

GroupHeader and GroupFooter gets used for style definitions, and
creating empty lines is not expected. I know they are just pages being
inserted, but they also have a special status in their functionality.

Best,
~Hans