[pmwiki-users] Organization opinions requested

Michael Kizer mkizer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 17:00:11 CDT 2005

On 10/20/05, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

> Another possibility is the TrailMenu recipe, which allows you to use
> a trail to build an expanding sidebar menu and doesn't require all of
> the pages to be in a common group.

Thanks for the tip... that recipe is much easier to work with. I converted
my expanding sidebar menu with TrailMenu with no problems.

> If you want the trail markup to appear on every page in the group
> except for the "Albums" (home) page (which presumably contains the
> trail), put the following in the GroupFooter.
>
> (:if ! name Albums:) <<| [[Albums]] |>> (:if:)

OK, that makes sense... I was able to create a wiki trail for "albums" and
apply your conditional markup tips to do what I wanted as far as "walking"
from album to album is concerned (I even hid the bulleted list on the
Albums.Albums page used to make the trail...neat).
 I put the above code in the group footer, but then I didn't want it to
appear on each individual song page, so I am having to change it to
something like this:
(:if name Album1:)
\\\
<<| [[Albums]] |>> (:if:)
(:if name Album2:)
\\\
<<| [[Albums]] |>> (:if:)
...etc...
 This should work, but is there a better way to code that if statement in
the group footer? I didn't see any examples for an "OR" statement (i.e., if
name Album1 or Album2 or Album3...etc.).
 --
~Michael Kizer
http://Michael.Kizer.ws