[pmwiki-users] Is it possible to include: quicktime movies and PDF files

Rene Visco rvisco at csdr-cde.ca.gov
Thu Oct 20 15:08:51 CDT 2005

 Is there any way the content of
> those docs could be directly included in the wiki instead?

Hi Waylan and Niel,

Thanks for your answer.  I get it about PDFs.  No problem.  However, I'm
working in a school environment where there are tons of Word documents and
PDF files stored in file servers.  So, people are resistant to "redo" the
documents in wiki.  It's kinda of a tough pitch to convince that wiki is the
way to go.

They do grasp how cool is it to "link" various documents in a wiki page and
they love the concept of presenting various filetypes in one page.

However, we're still stuck with hundreds of documents.  What's the point of
"retyping" wiki pages if we already have files?  They thought it would be
easy to create a link in a wiki page to specific files in the file server.

It's a lot easier to start with a clean slate for wiki creation, than
adopting wiki for school intranet.  I'm in the delicate stage: people's
habits are they're still visiting the simple file server and it's my goal to
change their habits so they'll be redirected to the wiki.  It takes time and
patience.

Rene V.