[pmwiki-users] How to avoid to re-type the "Author" name at each change.

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Thu Oct 20 09:51:07 CDT 2005

At 2005-10-20  04:40 PM +0200, Xax is rumored to have said:
>Now I understand. To prevent conflict with wordpress (which sets the
>cookie with the very same name as PmWiki) I renamed in
>scrips/author.php the cookie name to something different than "author".
>
>I am afraid I just break it. And I did it in all my sites!
>
>I would strongly recommend to fix this incompatibilities with
>Wordpress. I am going crazy at each update.
>
>Any suggestion on how to fix this problem?

You may wish to make sure that you reply to the list so that everyone
gets to see the answers. ;-)

As of version 2.0.6 there is a cookie prefix you can set. Release
notes are here: http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/ReleaseNotes and they say:

Version 2.0.6 (16-Sep-2005)

In this release, we provide quite a few more updates for sites that
want or need to use utf-8 encoding, fix a large number of utf-8
related bugs, introduce better handling of author cookies, and better
support for keeping track of version releases.

...content snipped ....

A $CookiePrefix variable has been introduced; a wiki administrator
can set $CookiePrefix to prevent PmWiki's cookies from interfering
with cookies set from other applications under the same domain name.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668