[pmwiki-users] ldap problem

Russ Fink russfink at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 20 09:15:14 CDT 2005

Hello, one more for the day (questions come in three's).

I'm trying to get ldap authentication to work.  I'm running PmWiki-2.0.5.
Not latest, but should be good enough for the authuser.php purposes.  I'll
try to describe what I'm doing while protecting my privacy for what it's
worth.

I have an account "myself at myschool.edu".  They have an ldap server,
ldap.myschool.edu, though I don't know what version.

I edited my local config.php as such:
     # LDAP authentication
     $AuthUser['ldap'] = 'ldap://ldap.myschool.edu/dc=myschool,dc=edu?uid';
     include_once('scripts/authuser.php');

I verified via the command line at my school account that the following
produces all my information:
     ldapsearch -b "dc=myschool,dc=edu" -h ldap.myschool.edu uid=myself

I then created a wiki page, went to the attr screen and entered the
following in the "read password" box:
    id:myself

Now, when I try to read the page, I get two boxes, one for username and one
for password.  When I enter "myself" and "mypassword" (who'd have guessed),
it keeps presenting the box.  Finally, I enter the default site password and
no username and it lets me edit the page, indicating that passwords are
being processed at some level and that authuser.php is alive and well.

What am I doing wrong?  If it's not obvious, is there a way to put pmwiki in
a debug mode where I can easily see the result of the ldap query - e.g., not
finding the right command, not finding the right port, or maybe just a
simple log file of the output?

Thanks,
Russ Fink