[pmwiki-users] The "404" page

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Oct 15 18:50:41 CDT 2005

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 08:37:19AM -0400, Miller, Joshua wrote:
>    What do you do to get non-existent pages to use a template page?
>    When I go to a non-existent page, it says "Describe (Page) here"
>    I would rather have a page with a custom message that way I can direct
>    them to resources to report broken links, etc.. I didn't see that in the
>    CookBook.

Just in case this hasn't been mentioned already, you can set the
value of $DefaultPageTextFmt to be any markup that you want displayed
for non-existent pages.

In particular, $DefaultPageTextFmt can be set to things like

    $DefaultPageTextFmt = "(:include Site.PageNotFound:)";

or

    $DefaultPageTextFmt = "(:redirect Site.PageNotFound:)";

to display the contents of Site.PageNotFound or redirect to that
page accordingly.