[pmwiki-users] Moving content between wikis and keeping track of changes

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 12:55:04 CDT 2005

> > 3. Is there any information that describes the
> > mechanism for creating/updating the change files?
>
> The change files (RecentChanges, AllRecentChanges)
> are just wiki pages like any other -- the only thing
> that is special about them is that they are updated
> whenever a page is edited and saved.  Unfortunately
> in your case, copying the pages isn't the same
> as "edit and save".

Once the pages are copied, you could try editing and saving each page.
Of course, PmWiki checks that actual changes where made and doesn't
actually save if no changes are made to the text. Therefore, it won't
(I believe) show up in the change files. Try making an actual change
(perhaps adding some random text you can easily remove later) on one
of the pages and see if it shows up then. Or is this what your saying
isn't working?

--
----
Waylan Limberg