[pmwiki-users] Conditional Directive based on time

Jonathan Scott Duff duff at pobox.com
Wed Oct 12 11:17:14 CDT 2005

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 10:38:55AM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> OTOH, one can always use complete dates and never have to learn the
> rules.  Truthfully, I don't expect the mixed-date formats to be all that
> common;

I'll agree with that, but ...

> Ultimately, it turns out to be a little easier for me to write code
> that handles the mixed date formats than it is to try to restrict
> them, and I tend to go with the simplest solutions first.

doesn't optimizing for authors (ala, PmWikiPhilosophy #1) mean not to
confuse them if at all possible? It's simpler for authors to remember to
always use "YYYYMMDD" for dates. It's simpler for authors to remember
that the dates they write/read are always included in ranges.

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff
duff at pobox.com