[pmwiki-users] Re: :include page#anchor1#anchor2: markup

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Nov 14 09:44:56 CST 2005

On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 04:17:53PM +0100, chr at home.se wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Nov 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>
> > On a related note, because sourceforge's CVS server has been a bit flaky
> > lately, starting with 2.1.beta1 I'm planning to use subversion on
> > pmichaud.com to host the source files instead of using sourceforge's CVS
> > server.
>
> I assume sourceforge also has subversion, but that you don't want to use
> it beacuse it's slow and unreliable?

AFAIK sourceforge doesn't have subversion and isn't likely to
have it anytime soon.  In fact, it seems that all references to
subversion appear to have been removed from sourceforge's site.

However, you're correct that my primary motivation for switching
is reliability.  Friday was extremely annoying in that I got up
early to work on 2.1.beta, but couldn't check in my changes
(or check out new working copies) because sourceforge's CVS
service was offline and there wasn't any indication of when it
might be repaired.  So I ended up spending what little time I
had left on Friday converting to using subversion.  :-|

> Having said that, will the CVS repository at sourceforge be completely
> discontinued?

Yes -- it's a pain to try to keep cvs and subversion repositories
in sync, so I'm not going to mess with it.  The details on the
subversion checkouts will be available shortly after the 2.1.beta1
release, hopefully later today.