[pmwiki-users] beware! Update 3.03 Adobe SVG Viewer

Stephan Schildberg schildberg at scoid.de
Fri May 6 17:00:19 CDT 2005

> In both cases I get a big blue square, and in both cases onMouseOver I
> get in the status bar a note "Unrecognized DOCTYPE declaration. Image
> may not display properly"

Blue square is fine. With which browser have you got this message,
trying to evoke myself  the same message with WinXP/IE6 on my system.

> Maybe they got their parser less lenient and errors are not allowed
> anymore.

Like NVU, eh?

> Check your svg syntax, maybe?

Sketsa claims to build clean XML.
Here comes square.svg :

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG 1.0//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-SVG-20010904/DTD/svg10.dtd">
<!--Created with Sketsa SVG Graphics Editor (http://www.kiyut.com)-->
<svg width="300.0" height="300.0">
    <rect x="51.0" y="47.0" fill="#3333ff" width="200.0" height="200.0" stroke="none" stroke-width="0"/>
</svg>

Thank you Radu.

regards, Stephan schildberg.