[pmwiki-users] New versions of skins and recipes

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Thu May 5 09:47:42 CDT 2005

That's quite a subject. From what I've seen, people maintaining mods (skins
or [other] recipes), just update them for the latest version, or the
version they're using, and that leaves people with older (or newer)
versions of pmwiki wondering why the mod doesn't work.

Adding notes about which versions of pmwiki, php and whatever other
gimmicks used in the recipe is only half the battle. Maybe we should
archive previous versions, just as Pm does for the distributions (using the
pmwiki version code in the archive file name).

And then there's the issue of documentation. Many recipes have changing
instructions. Maybe we should archive old versions of the recipe page using
the same strategy (before changing instructions for a new major version of
some recipe, just create a new page with the entire contents of the main
one, but with the pmwiki version code in the page name) Better yet, we
could save some page space by placing the version code in the title of all
recipes (from now on, of course, or if recipe authors have time to edit
their recipes)

Just thinking out loud here-ere-ere... Wow. nice acoustics! ;)

At 10:21 AM 5/5/2005, Neil Herber wrote:

>What version(s) of PmWiki does the new GeminiTwo work with or require?

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)