[pmwiki-users] New pages link

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Wed Mar 30 16:32:33 CST 2005

Big buttons require creative styling. Why have a button at all? It breaks
with the link-based wiki style that allows one to see where each link goes.
Just put text before and after, like all cool Markup sets do, and let it up
to admins (and/or authors? ;) to place text around telling readers/authors
to press Enter after typing in the name of the new page.

One question to y'all: did you notice what happens if one types in an
existing page name? Is that consistent with the intended purpose of the
box? It sort of pushes the name of the directive to (:editpage:)

At 04:49 PM 3/30/2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > Use  (:newpagebox:) and have the button to the left of the field like this:
> >
> >         (Create a new page called:) [______________]
>
>Done on http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/NewPageBox, just so we can all
>see how it looks.  To me the button is a bit too big, but that's just
>my aesthetic preference.  In truth, we might not need a submit button at
>all.
>
>Pm

Cheers,
Radu