[pmwiki-users] Re: Modified (:markup:)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Mar 20 18:52:24 CST 2005

On Sun, Mar 20, 2005 at 04:31:35PM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 20, 2005 at 04:36:24PM -0500, Neil Herber wrote:
> > I am assuming that I could write:
> > (:markup:) [=====
> > line 1
> > line 2 has [=this untouched=]
> > line 3
> > =====]
> >
> > Which is what I would *like* to be able to do because it provides such a
> > strong visual indication of the (:markup:) limits.
>
> Yes, you can write this, if I can get the equals and brackets to all
> match up correctly.

And, alas, I couldn't do it -- at least not to the level of robustness
I'd like.  Thus for beta27 we're left with the following versions of
the markup directive...

   (:markup:) [=
   =]

   (:markup:) [@
   @]

   (:markup:)
   (:markupend:)

For each case, the ... cannot contain the closing marker, whatever
it happens to be, and if either [= or [@ are used to start the markup
text they must be placed on the same line as (:markup:).