[pmwiki-users] Re: Modified (:markup:)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Mar 20 16:31:35 CST 2005

On Sun, Mar 20, 2005 at 04:36:24PM -0500, Neil Herber wrote:

> I would suggest that we agree on the equal-sign-incrementing and move on to
> other matters.

I agree, but my implementation of [== ... ==]  currently breaks in
the face of text containing multiple [==]'s, so I have to either
come up with a much better pattern or go back to the drawing board.
It may be as simple as saying that the initial sequence of ==='s
cannot be immediately followed by a closing bracket, but unfortunately
this has its own share of issues -- namely, that we can't escape
text beginning with a close bracket.

*sigh*

> I am assuming that I could write:
> (:markup:) [=====
> line 1
> line 2 has [=this untouched=]
> line 3
> =====]
>
> Which is what I would *like* to be able to do because it provides such a
> strong visual indication of the (:markup:) limits.

Yes, you can write this, if I can get the equals and brackets to all
match up correctly.