[pmwiki-users] future of PMWikiDraw with a XUL UI

Ciaran ciaranj at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 09:54:39 CST 2005

Not quite sure about doing this with XUL, but by all means develop it
:)  in the long term it might well be possible to produce SVG, I
certainly intend to, but these things take time, and mine is fairly
stretched :(  I'd be interested to see an XUL implementation of a
drawing app, it'd look cool, but too many of my users use IE :)
 -ciaran

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 16:19:55 +0100, Stephan Schildberg
<schildberg at scoid.de> wrote:
> Hello WikiDrawing enthusiasts,
>
> on my search on freshmeat I found only one project maching Java as well
> as SVG.
> http://glipssvgeditor.sourceforge.net/
>
> Sketsa seams to be the more elavated version, is still free, but not
> open source. Both projects are based on Batik
> http://xml.apache.org/batik/ , regarding SVG and Java.
>
> I personally don't stick to any programming languange and ideally I
> would hit this road.
> Beeing ignorant I would choose XUL as underlying UI-framework and would
> leave any non Mozilla-based browser out.
> If I would have done this, then I would create SVG via different
> scripting-environments.
>
> Even with javascript you can generate SVG, still not .PNGs which is a drag.
> http://luxor-xul.sourceforge.net/talk/jug-feb-2003/slides.html
> http://luxor-xul.sourceforge.net/talk/jug-nov-2002/slides.html
>
> This mirrors MY personal interests and I agree that Ciaran should
> reflect his preferences as I do this with mine.
>
> In the end I would be happy with a solution, which at least does SVG,
> then its reuseable and open for changes between anything, even different
> wiki machines.
>
> Stephan.

- Ciaran
(I now have far too many G-Mail invites available, anyone who wants
one, gets one)