[pmwiki-users] future of PMWikiDraw with a XUL UI

Stephan Schildberg schildberg at scoid.de
Mon Mar 14 09:19:55 CST 2005

Hello WikiDrawing enthusiasts,

on my search on freshmeat I found only one project maching Java as well
as SVG.
http://glipssvgeditor.sourceforge.net/

Sketsa seams to be the more elavated version, is still free, but not
open source. Both projects are based on Batik
http://xml.apache.org/batik/ , regarding SVG and Java.

I personally don't stick to any programming languange and ideally I
would hit this road.
Beeing ignorant I would choose XUL as underlying UI-framework and would
leave any non Mozilla-based browser out.
If I would have done this, then I would create SVG via different
scripting-environments.

Even with javascript you can generate SVG, still not .PNGs which is a drag.
http://luxor-xul.sourceforge.net/talk/jug-feb-2003/slides.html
http://luxor-xul.sourceforge.net/talk/jug-nov-2002/slides.html

This mirrors MY personal interests and I agree that Ciaran should
reflect his preferences as I do this with mine.

In the end I would be happy with a solution, which at least does SVG,
then its reuseable and open for changes between anything, even different
wiki machines.

Stephan.