[pmwiki-users] Deleting dead WikiPages and WikiGroups

Algis Kabaila akabaila at pcug.org.au
Sun Mar 6 23:14:56 CST 2005

On Monday 07 March 2005 12:20, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 11:44:50AM +1100, Algis Kabaila wrote:
> > I also learned to program Python - and love it.  Perhaps now I
> > will need to learn PHP, but I am not sure if it's worth while.  I am 80
and
> > what is the life expectancy for males?
>
> If you already know Python, then PHP won't be much of a stretch.
> In fact, two of the reasons I chose PHP as the target language for
> PmWiki were (1) it makes for easier installation, and (2) it's
> relatively easy to learn as compared to some alternatives.  (These
> come from PmWikiPhilosophy #5.)

Patrick, I really really wanted to know and the advice that you give is of
great value to me.  My neighbours say that I look much too healthy for an 80
year old and I feel not a day older than 80!  Memory deterioration,
particularly short term is here already. Too many typos, too.  But I will
start learning RSN,

> Otherwise PmWiki would've been written in Perl.  :-)

Unfortunately for me I "jumped over" Perl (and I spell it Pearl, too  {:-)

Thank you again,

OldAl

--
Al.