[pmwiki-users] Deleting dead WikiPages and WikiGroups

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Mar 6 19:20:48 CST 2005

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 11:44:50AM +1100, Algis Kabaila wrote:
> I also learned to program Python - and love it.  Perhaps now I
> will need to learn PHP, but I am not sure if it's worth while.  I am 80 and
> what is the life expectancy for males?

If you already know Python, then PHP won't be much of a stretch.
In fact, two of the reasons I chose PHP as the target language for
PmWiki were (1) it makes for easier installation, and (2) it's
relatively easy to learn as compared to some alternatives.  (These
come from PmWikiPhilosophy #5.)

Otherwise PmWiki would've been written in Perl.  :-)