[pmwiki-users] Input recipe

Bronwyn Boltwood arndis at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 12:59:33 CDT 2005

On 6/23/05, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> FWIW, somehow the following look more like input forms to me:
>
>    [__________]    a text input line
>    [**********]    a password text area
>    [X]             a checkbox
>    [*]             a radio button
>    [Submit]        a submit button
>
> however, the problem with the above is that there doesn't seem to be
> an easy way to attach attributes to them (name, value, etc.).  The
> (:...:) directives have the advantage of looking a little bit like
> input fields while providing a convenient place to hang attributes.
> Although yes, I agree it has a lot of length.

How about having forms be tagged with beginning and ending tags, to
make them easier to parse, and so that we can add attributes to
controls more easily?  And of course, for accessibility and styling,
PmWiki would use the label, fieldset, and legend tags to label
controls and groups thereof.

(:form:)
Name: [_____________] (control labels are applied using the label tag)
Email: [_____________]

[X] Send me newsletters (this is checked)
[x] Sell my address to penis enlargement vendors (this is unchecked)

>>Mandatory Intrusive Demographics<<
Gender:
[o] Male [o] Female
Age group:
[o] 12-24 [o] Out of our target demographic [*] You're too nosy (default choice)
How much money do you or your family spend on JerkCo's products each month?
[o] $0-30 [o] $30-75 [o] over $75
>><< (this fieldset and legend tag combination should work just like
the soon-to-come div markup)

What do you think of our "Fluorescent Green Elbows" ad campaign?
[========]

[submit]
(:formend:)

Idea for doing a dropdown list box:
[{dropdown}]
* choice 1 (default)
- choice 2
- choice 3
- choice 4

Idea for a listbox with multiple lines visible and two option groups
[{listbox 4}]
==Even Numbers==
- choice 2
- choice 4
- choice 6
- choice 8
==Odd Numbers==
- choice 1
- choice 3
- choice 5
- choice 7

Idea for a listbox with multiple lines visible and multiple selections allowed
[{listbox 6 multi}]
- choice 1
- choice 2
- choice 3