[pmwiki-users] Input recipe

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Jun 23 14:29:33 CDT 2005

On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 01:35:39PM -0500, Jonathan Scott Duff wrote:
> I like the directive syntax personally, but I'll brainstorm a wee bit:
>
> Distinguishing between [*] as radio button and [*****] as password
> bothers me for some reason.   How about [.] as radio button? (or maybe
> [o] as I can't see a submit button with only a single o character as
> its text)
>
> In order to name these elements how about one of these:
> 	[...]=name
> 	[...][name]

I think that naming elements isn't sufficient -- we also have to
have mechanisms in place to allow an author to specify default/initial
values and other rendering information such as size, id, class, etc.
Being able to specify values is especially important for radio buttons
and checkboxes (and menus if we ever get there) -- otherwise these
elements aren't worth a whole lot.