[pmwiki-users] PmWiki/FAQ

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Jun 18 17:51:44 CDT 2005

On Sat, Jun 18, 2005 at 03:21:43PM +0100, Hans wrote:

> So if you want to use PITS more as what I know from technical support
> forum is called a "ticket system", then you need to encourage
> questions being asked there (and not on a FAQ page),
> which probably means NOT requiring the checking of the whole PITS
> (pits), if the issue was already mentioned.

Well, yes -- I was thinking something along the lines that PITS would
have a "FAQ" category, and there would be a page in PITS listing only
FAQ items (in some reasonable sequence).

Then, if someone asks a question that is in fact a feature request,
currently unavailable in PmWiki, or a bug, it's easy to place it
into the correct category.  Similarly, feature requests can quickly
be turned into FAQ (+ answer) when they're resolved.

Or something like that.