[pmwiki-users] PmWiki/FAQ

Hans design at flutesong.fsnet.co.uk
Sat Jun 18 09:21:43 CDT 2005

Saturday, June 18, 2005, 3:02:18 PM, Patrick wrote:
> At the risk of repeating myself -- I keep thinking that FAQ is really
> some sort of PITS-like construct, and that the two ought to merge
> somehow.  But I don't know much more than that at the moment...

PITS as in pits :)
like being thrown into the dark...
I try to avoid posting in PITS since it requires checking through the
whole growing list if the issue was not already mentioned before.
I thought PITS is the place to lodge bug reports and feature requests,
in a fashion functioning parallel to the list here, but providing
a better way of keeping track of issues.

So if you want to use PITS more as what I know from technical support
forum is called a "ticket system", then you need to encourage
questions being asked there (and not on a FAQ page),
which probably means NOT requiring the checking of the whole PITS
(pits), if the issue was already mentioned.

Which will result in lots of duplicity, people asking things again and
again. So the PITS will grow fast in size. And it will need good ways
of cross-referencing similar questions, or more likely of deleting
answered problems and questions.

Best,
~Hans