[pmwiki-users] Renaming Group's Home Page . . .

H. Fox haganfox at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 15:45:28 CDT 2005

On 6/17/05, Neil Herber <nospam at eton.ca> wrote:
> At 2005-06-17  02:15 PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
> >This is, in fact, PmWiki's default configuration.  If it's not
> >working for you, then let me know more specifics and we'll try to
> >resolve it.  :-)
[...]
> What I have always done (until this question was asked) is to select
> Zxcv.HomePage, because it looks like a home page for the group (duh!).
>
> I just selected and created Zxcv.Zxcv, and lo! and behold, it is the
> default page displayed if I only enter the group name in the URL.

A related question: Why prefer one over the other?

In the past I was using Zxcv.Zxcv, but recently I've switched to Zxcv.HomePage.

The main reason I switched is because I started putting a (:pagelist:)
directive in each group's home page.  Using $Group.HomePage turns out
to work better for this.

(Why? Because names of non-homepage pages can start with the group
name.  Using $Group.$Group means if the group is Cooking, pages like
CookingUtensils and CookingWithGas get filtered out of the page list.)

The default $Group.HomePage content I've been using is similar to

!!!{$Group} Pages:
(:pagelist group={$Group} list=normal fmt=simple -.HomePage:)

which presents some sensible content for users to see when they click
the group name.

Are there other reasons to prefer Zxcv.Zxcv or Zxcv.HomePage?

Hagan