[pmwiki-users] Renaming Group's Home Page . . .

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Fri Jun 17 14:32:36 CDT 2005

At 2005-06-17  02:15 PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
> > One that I've tried with no success is to have the default home page for
> > each group be the group name itself.
>
>This is, in fact, PmWiki's default configuration.  If it's not
>working for you, then let me know more specifics and we'll try to
>resolve it.  :-)

This is certainly the way my installations work, but it is not obvious.

If you enter the name of a new group (Zxcv), then the PageNotFound page
comes up and offers to create Zxcv.Zxcv, Zxcv.HomePage, and Main.Zxcv.

What I have always done (until this question was asked) is to select
Zxcv.HomePage, because it looks like a home page for the group (duh!).

I just selected and created Zxcv.Zxcv, and lo! and behold, it is the
default page displayed if I only enter the group name in the URL.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668