whither flutesong? (was: Re: [pmwiki-users] new window for donate button)

Hans design at flutesong.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Jun 9 01:10:12 CDT 2005

At 2005-06-08  08:22 PM -0700, John W Morris is rumored to have said:
>Also Hans lost his Flutesong domain.. anyone got a new email address.

Yes, that was probably stupid of me, since it affected a number of
email addresses. But the company which administered the name asked
double the price for re-registration than they aslked for first time
registration (which they did not advertise on their site), and I was
not prepared to pay for that. Then I missed the date for name
transfer, which was also expensive. so I thought I let the name
registration expire and then I can pick it up again. which I still may
do, but it turns out that the expiration process is a prolonged
business. So the name is now defunct, without it being released. Not
very satisfying. And there seem to be no simple mechanism through
which one can cancel a registration and have the name released. Oh
well...
Sorry for any inconvenience this is causing!

Best,
~Hans

testwiki:
http://flutesong.naturalscotland.co.uk/testwiki