[pmwiki-users] pmwiki and Fedora core 3

Frankie Delaware frankie_delaware at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 5 00:54:38 CDT 2005

Hi,

I have sucessfully installed pmwiki on RH8, 9, and Fedora core 2. As an intermediate level Linux hacker I am very proud of myself. ;>) However, Fedora core 3 has me stymied. Doing everything exactly the same I can not get pmwiki to work with FC3. I get the infamous error message:

"PmWiki can't process your request

Cannot acquire lockfile

We are sorry for any inconvenience."

I understand what this means (.flock and all) and I've tried every trick I can find regarding this problem: set permissions, owners, etc. I've compared with a functioning pmwiki the Apache settings as best I can, and compared all of the permissons. Everything looks OK.

Is there some simple item I've missed specific to Fedora core 3? I can't imagine the Web wouldn't have information on this if everyone else had problems with Fedora core 3.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Frankie

http://mail.yahoo.com