[pmwiki-users] Gaelic/English dual language site

Hans design at flutesong.net
Sat Jun 4 15:51:47 CDT 2005

Saturday, June 4, 2005, 9:18:59 PM, John wrote:
> This is not a "translation of phrases".   This is two sites
> co-existing in English and in Gaelic.

> It appears my best best is two seperate groups, one for each language?

I would think so.
And have perhaps a dual language homepage
with links to both groups.
Then have a sidebar in each group
and perhaps keep a link on it to switch to the other language.
All this assumes that each "site" can exist in one group.

But you could easily have more groups for each language.
One way to load the right sidebar would be to create sidebar pages in
each group, with an (:include Main.GaelicSideBar:) in the gaelic
groups and (:include Main.EnglishSideBar:) in the english groups.
Main.GaelicSideBar holds all links for the gaelic groups,
and Main.EnglishSideBar for the english groups.

Possibly this could also be achieved with some kind of logical selector
switch, but the above is a non-php solution.

Best,
~Hans