[pmwiki-users] standalone - offline

Robert Blaha robert.blaha at munbutz.com
Mon Jul 25 04:21:22 CDT 2005

I just saw the standalone-recipe in the cookbook-directory what made me think about a standalone-version of a wikisite for reading-purposes only. For CD-Rom for example without needing internet-access.

I use pmwiki for a kind of learning-platform. But not all students have internet-access. That´s what would make it necessary to "export" the whole site as html-documents. It doesn´t sound very difficult to me to walk through the wiki.d-directory, parse the pages and write the output into a different folder with the same name and the extension html not to forget to convert the links within the pages. sounds easily, but it´s to complex for me to do this workaround, and there doesn´t seem to exist such a feature.

Hope my poor english isn´t too frustrating for you and you understand what I mean. Wikipedia also has offline-versions of their encyclopedia.

sunny greetings from Graz/Austria.