[pmwiki-users] Site.EditForm -- div does not wrap contents

Bronwyn Boltwood arndis at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 01:11:15 CDT 2005

On 7/19/05, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> There's no problem with having an (:include ...:) within a (:div:).
> However, if the (:include:) has any (:div:) or (:table:) markups
> in it, they'll terminate the previous div just as if they had been
> in the "outer" markup.

That's what was happening then.  I didn't know it would do that.

> There's generally little reason to wrap a table in a div -- just add
> any wanted attributes directly to the table.

There's method to my madness.  A while back I had built a better edit
quickreference that used a simple table and then some paragraphs.  Now
there's an easy way to tell the edit form where the quick reference
is, so I can always switch back if I change my mind, and compare to
the latest vanilla version.  Since I have a large monitor, and my
wikis are single-user, I'm going to have a tall skinny editing area
with a tall skinny quickref on the right, and I needed to wrap the
quickref material in a div.  Now I can do this, and because my version
is only a simple table plus some other stuff, the div wraps properly.
That means it'll float or position properly too. Yay new features!

Bronwyn