[pmwiki-users] global overview of passwords/authorizations

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Jul 20 14:34:28 CDT 2005

On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 01:38:47PM -0500, Benjamin Wilson wrote:
> My first suggestion is to hold that off for 2.1. Nail down 2.0's
> documentation and stop calling it beta. :-) Then, we can focus on
> security for 2.1. What I mean by that is we should agree that the focus
> for 2.1 will be to get PmWiki security straightened out--nothing else.  I
> think there's enough to do regarding security to make that a minor version.

Actually, with 2.0.beta50 I think that the core of PmWiki security is
now "straightened out", and all that remains to be done are mainly
cosmetic things or adding small incremental capabilities.
I don't think any of what I'm looking at will require a major number
increment (such as 2.1.x).

I'm simply bringing up the topic of a global security view because it
came up in another forum, and I'm wanting to hear comments and suggestions
about what is needed.  And yes, it could easily be done as a cookbook
recipe.