[pmwiki-users] $_SESSION[] in ?action=diag

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Jul 11 11:36:38 CDT 2005

On Mon, Jul 11, 2005 at 10:23:10AM +0200, Thomas -Balu- Walter wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 05:38:12PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > Yes; for some reason PHP complains with a warning if session_start
> > is called twice.  (Personally, I wish it would just be a no-op if
> > the session has already started.  And I also wish there was a way
> > to know if a session has already started, but PHP doesn't seem to
> > tell us that either.)
>
> AFAIK $_SESSION equals (as in ===) NULL if the session was not started
> yet.
>
> If it was started it is an (empty) array.

Oops, my original statement was imprecise.  What I really
meant to write was

   ... And I also wish there was a way to know if a session is
   currently open, but PHP doesn't seem to tell us that.

While we can know if a session has ever been opened (by checking $_SESSION),
there's not a way to know if it's currently open.