[pmwiki-users] Modifying format of RecentChanges?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Jan 29 20:25:26 CST 2005

On Sat, Jan 29, 2005 at 06:09:50PM -0800, Noel Llopis wrote:

> Another question related to the recent changes output: What would be
> involved in making a recent changes list broken up by day like some of
> these:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Recentchanges
> http://www.openwiki.com/ow.asp?RecentChanges
>
> Clearly, the php code that currently generates the recent changes list would
> have to be updated. Is it possible to override that function, or would I be
> better off creating a new markup and implementing it from scratch? Or is
> there a simpler way?

The function that manages RecentChanges updates is PostRecentChanges() --
it can be overridden in the $EditFunctions array:

   $n = array_search('PostRecentChanges', $EditFunctions);
   $EditFunctions[$n] = 'MyCustomPostRecentChanges';

Take a look at the PostRecentChanges function in pmwiki.php for an
idea of how it works.

Another possibility is to add a new option to the (:pagelist:) markup,
so that

    (:pagelist trail=RecentChanges fmt=custom:)

would be able to display the entries in RecentChanges in a custom
sequence and formatting.

And, we could look at redoing RecentChanges entirely.  For a variety
of reasons it should probably continue to look and act like a WikiTrail,
but it might be possible to do some fancier things with some custom
markups.