[pmwiki-users] pmwiki search, can I use regular expresssions in my search?

Gautam H. Thaker gthaker at atl.lmco.com
Tue Jan 25 12:51:46 CST 2005

The quick "Search Examples" that are shown when a search is done does not show
or mention any regular expression searches. Are regexp searches supported?

Also, this is prob. too much to wish for, but perhaps it can be hacked, in that
when a search if found (meaning the page containing the search is shown) and one
  goes to that page it would be great if the text itself is highlighted. Perhaps
this can be done with something encoded in the result of the search so that
clicking that would show some highlight.

I realize that it may well be that wiki should not be supporting powerful
searches, and that some other tool ("Google Search for Wikis") may fit this bill
better. But just a thought.
--

Gautam H. Thaker
Distributed Processing Lab; Lockheed Martin Adv. Tech. Labs
856-792-9754, fax 856-792-9925  email: gthaker at atl.lmco.com