[pmwiki-users] 2.0 beta 19 Installation problem

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Jan 24 08:53:46 CST 2005

On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 05:00:14PM +0800, John Herbert wrote:
> However, browse to pmwiki.php lists a liternary
> of errors, example:
>
> http://www.hksdf.org.hk/wiki/pmwiki.php
>
> My php v4 info is:
> http://www.hksdf.org.hk/info.php

Alas, your host provider is running a very old version of PHP (4.0.1pl2).
PmWiki requires PHP 4.1 or later.  (For reference, PHP 4.1 was released in
December 2001; 4.0.1 was released in 2000.)

> Without changing provider, any ideas to get PmWiki
> working with the host?

Not really, unless you can somehow get your provider to supply a newer
version of PHP.  But if they haven't upgraded by now, I'd be very
surprised to see them do it anytime soon...