[pmwiki-users] 2.0 beta 19 Installation problem

Jonathan Scott Duff duff at pobox.com
Mon Jan 24 08:36:33 CST 2005

On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 05:00:14PM +0800, John Herbert wrote:
> hi,
>
> My host php implementation requires php
> to operate/execute under cgi (if that makes
> sense) and therefore requires the first line
> of the file to be:
>
> #!usr/local/bin/php
>
> read it here:
> http://www.hkhosting.com/instructions/php.shtml
>
> I edited pmwiki.php to include that line.

Rather than editing pmwiki.php directly (which you'll have to do on
every upgrade if you choose this path), you can create another file
with the appropriate #! line and include_once('pmwiki.php').  That
way there's one less thing to have to remember to do whenever you
upgrade pmwiki.

> My php v4 info is:
> http://www.hksdf.org.hk/info.php

Your version of php is too old. Last time I checked, pmwiki required at
least php 4.1

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff