[Pmwiki-users] aggravating feature in (:markup:)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Jan 20 13:30:43 CST 2005

On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 02:25:42PM -0500, Neil Herber wrote:
> I find the (:markup:) markup extremely useful, but it does have one very
> aggravating feature - it wraps the "unformatted" lines well before the edge
> of the bounding box.
>
> Try this in your sandbox:
>
> (:markup:)  [=* this should be rendered as a list item, but in the upper
> box the line will wrap too soon=]

Since there's not any way to have the browser automatically wrap
preformatted text, PmWiki has to do its own wrapping of the
unformatted lines.   Unfortunately, it can't know how large the bounding
box is going to be (because that depends on the width of the browser
window), so currently it errs on the conservative side and makes the
lines a bit short.  I can increase the size of the wrapped lines to a
larger number, but need feedback on others on a better adjustment
value.