[Pmwiki-users] Idea for extension of special list syntax

chr@home.se chr
Thu Jan 20 08:39:08 CST 2005

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005, Jonathan Scott Duff wrote:

> In the rendering it's automatic.  What he wants is for the indentation
> to be part of the markup.
>
> Rather than ending a line with \ to signify continuation to the next
> line, he wants an indented line to signify that it's a continuation of
> the previous line.  His point is to make the markup look just as
> pretty as the rendering I think. So, your long line above would be
> written like so:
>
> * this is an incredibly long item that will end up occupying several
>   lines in a list but PmWiki will very cleverly indent subsequent lines
>   to match the indent after the bullet
>
> And rendered similarly.  No \ at the end of lines; no really long line
> that wraps around; just 3 "short" lines and some indentation.

Exactly. Now I only need to add that my motivation for wanting this markup
is partly that it looks 'pretty', and partly because that's how I find
that I already write my emails etc.  (Just look in the mail archive at
some of my old posts).

I guess a valid question here is if other people also write like this?
If not, how do you write lists? Without indentation for the following
lines?

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44               http://www.md.kth.se/~chr