[Pmwiki-users] Preventing "comment spam"

Robin robin
Wed Jan 19 17:53:23 CST 2005

On Thursday 20 January 2005 06:32, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> 1. rel="nofollow" for all external links (new default for beta20)
> 2. rel="nofollow" for unapproved external links only
> 3. no rel="nofollow" at all (default for beta19 and earlier)
> 4. not linking unapproved external links at all
Caution: by doing this you are breaking HTML validity. rel="" is a valid
attribute for 'a', but "nofollow" isn't a standard value for it.
http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/types.html#type-links
For it to be properly valid, we'll need to include an appropriate profile
link.

Also, looking through this w3.org page, I suggest that we put rel="next",
rel="prev", rel="index" as appropriate on wiki-trials, and rel="contents" on
the link that takes you back to the group homepage. This means that browsers
that handle it can give a standard control for it all to the user.

--
Robin <robin at kallisti.net.nz>             JabberID: <eythian at jabber.org>

Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt. Qui annus est?

PGP Key 0xA99CEB6D = 5957 6D23 8B16 EFAB FEF8  7175 14D3 6485 A99C EB6D