[Pmwiki-users] setting a cookie with author name

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Jan 13 22:54:56 CST 2005

On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 12:31:51AM -0500, Neil Herber wrote:
> On pmwiki.org, the system sets a cookie with my author name, saving me from
> retyping it endlessly.
>
> How can I get the public field in my farm to do the same?

It's supposed to do it by default.  I just tried it on
http://neil.eton.ca/wiki/ and it worked for me -- I edited WikiSandbox
(entering an author name), saved the page, closed the browser, returned
to edit the sandbox and my author name was already filled in for me.

If you want to require authors to always enter a name, set
$EnablePostAuthorRequired = 1; .