[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Problem with AuthUser

Dan Weber webmaster at drwhosting.net
Wed Dec 7 10:39:48 CST 2005

"Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote in message
news:20051207153638.GF24609 at host.pmichaud.com...
>> 3) An admin form that shows all current users and groups (user groups,
>> not wiki groups) and allows the admin to assign group ownership to
>> individual users
>
> Already exists in Site.AuthUser as of 2.1.beta6.

I installed a copy of 2.1beta11 to try this out but I am having some
problems.

I included the following in my local/config.php:
$AuthUser['admin'] = crypt('adminpassword');
include_once("$FarmD/scripts/authuser.php");

When I bring up the Site.AuthUser page it says that the script is enabled
but I don't see where I can add a user or see what users are already
defined.

And the following instructions are not clear to me either. Am I adding this
to the config.php file? If I would like to use the htpasswd file approach,
can I define a relative directory to the pmwiki installation, with $FarmD or
something similar?

Authentication from external sources (uncomment out appropriate line(s)):

  # htpasswd: /filesystem/path/to/.htpasswd
  # ldap: ldap://ldap.example.com/ou=People,o=example?uid?sub
  # mysql: mysql://[username:password]@localhost/db/table?user,passwd

Sorry for all the newbie questions