[pmwiki-users] Re: Problem with AuthUser

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Dec 7 09:36:38 CST 2005

On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 07:23:48AM -0800, Dan Weber wrote:
> --- "Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
>
> 1) The ability for a user to change his/her password
> 2) UserAuth also has a new user sign up capability which is nice but I
> think this could be implemented with regular forms easy enough.

These will take some development.  The first one is relatively
easy (and likely to appear soon), self-registration takes a fair
bit more work in order to manage confirmations properly.

> 3) An admin form that shows all current users and groups (user groups,
> not wiki groups) and allows the admin to assign group ownership to
> individual users

Already exists in Site.AuthUser as of 2.1.beta6.

> 4) When I bring up a page or group attribute page I would like to see
> the currently assigned users and groups.

Already exists in ?action=attr .

> 5) On the page or group attribute page also show the assigned passwords
> in encrypted form. Currently the 2.0 release does not show assigned
> passwords which makes it difficult to figure out if there are any
> assigned or not and how many there are. I understand the plain
> passwords can't be shown but if at least the encrypted passwords are
> shown I can selectively delete the ones I no longer want (use the crypt
> action to encrypt the password I want to delete and then compare the
> crypted string)

In the current release ?action=attr shows '****' if there are
any encrypted passwords for an attribute.  I'm not sure that using
?action=crypt will be all that helpful in finding the password to
be deleted, since ?action=crypt can return many different values
for the same password.